Σάββατο 20 Ιουνίου 2009

"The Passion of Joan of Arc" - Carl Dreyer

.


- In France I 'm called Joan...
in my village,
I 'm called Jeannette.
- How old are you ?
- ... Nineteen... I think.




- For me, she is a saint !




- Respond !
Are you in a state of grace ?
- If I am, may God keep me there.
If I am not, may God grant it to me !




- The Church opens its arms to you, but if you are reject it,
the Church will abandon you and you will alone... alone !
- Yes alone... alone,
with, God !




- You claim that I am sent by the devil... It 's mot true...
to make me suffer the devil has sent you...
and you... and you... and you !




- Let us try one last time to save this lost soul...
It is to you, Joan, that I speak !




- Yes I am His child.
- And the great victory ?
- ... my martyrdom !
- And your deliverance ?
- ... death !




- Will I be with You tonight in Paradise ?
.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: